Umbra Polaris Reviews List

Discussion in ''Personal' Software Reviews' started by Umbra Polaris, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Umbra Polaris

Umbra Polaris Board Enthusiast Silver Member

2. Google Adsense

3. Spirit

Spirit Initiat3 Silver Member

RE: Umbra Corp Reviews List

Always eager to read review by you

4. Umbra Polaris

Thanks guys, i started to redirect my reviews/guides from MT to my blog, it will take some times until i finish.

5. MalwareDoctor

MalwareDoctor Member

Alright get on it Umbra time is money. :D

6. Umbra Polaris

Added: SAS Pro 

7. MrHacker

MrHacker Initiat3 Silver Member

Thanks for the Great Reviews.

8. Gnosis

Gnosis Senior Member Known Member

You were being modest---SAS still sucks.

9. guardian

guardian Administrator Staff Member

can't understand what the fuss is about with SAS?
    tried it once and that was enough for me :(
    IMO I feel that 3/5 is modest especially when it revealed 9/44 but Umbra has his talents

10. Umbra Polaris

What people have to understand about any product is the main purpose of it.

SAS detection/protection is indeed quite low, but it has other features (BSO protection, etc..) that works as expected.

Remember that SAS was just an Anti-spyware, not an anti-malware, its technology is not designed to be "the-main all-powerful-main-AV." but just a second layer.

Of course now if you compare it against MBAM, SAS is weak but you have made a small mistake; MBAM is a powerful malware scanner/remover designed to clean infected systems; its huge user database contains many malware-hunters that submit their discovering right away.

The actual problem with most security geeks/aficionados/fan is that they try to compare products performances between each other; this is a mistake again; what anybody should look is "since i am using my product, does i got infected? does my system was vulnerable?"

if your answer is "no" , so it is a good product.

No one jump on more than 1-3 zero-days malwares a week (unless you look for them). and in a week most products will get a signature against most zero-days.

This just my point of view.

Thanks.