Windows 10's new "install on my devices" Store feature

Discussion in 'Windows' started by RGiskardR, Jun 12, 2018.

1. RGiskardR

RGiskardR Malware Tester Silver Member

[​IMG]
    You can use the built-in Microsoft Store application of the Windows 10 operating system to install apps and games on your Windows 10 devices. Up until now, that was only possible for the active device if you used the Store directly.

All you had to do was open the Store application directly to install any app or game on the Windows 10 device. If you wanted an application to become available on all of your Windows 10 PCs, you had to run the install command from Microsoft Store on each device individually.

Microsoft launched a new feature recently that it calls "install on my devices" which unlocks remote installations of applications on the Store.

The feature is not linked to the Microsoft Store application but available when you visit a Store page in Microsoft Edge. I could not get this to work in non-Edge browsers on a system where the feature was unlocked on already.

One requirement appears to be that you need to be signed in to a Microsoft Account and not a local account to make this work.

Full reading: https://www.ghacks.net/2018/06/12/windows-10s-new-install-on-my-devices-store-feature/

silversurfer likes this.
  2. Google Adsense