Wifi is working but not detecting signals

Discussion in 'Computers Help' started by Gdant, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Gdant

Gdant Senior Member Known Member

Hi guys,
    I am in little trouble here I recently upgraded again to Windows 10 but the wifi that I used to connect (in Windows 8.1 is was working fine) is not shown in the listed wifi though many others wifi still shown and detected but my wifi is detected in my other OS Ubuntu 16.04. I checked all the drivers and everything is fine otherwise no other wifi should also be detected.
    It is Ralink wifi module in my laptop.
    Any solution there??

BC2Tweak likes this.
  2. Google Adsense

3. BC2Tweak

BC2Tweak Reviews Moderator Staff Member

Have you checked the "MediaTek" website for any possible answers? http://mediatek.com, which is now the company that owns Ralink. :)

Oh yes, what is the model # of your Ralink Wifi Module? You can PM me this information, as I am only asking to better be able to help find an answer. You do not need to post it here. :)

Gdant and guardian like this.
  4. _Yash

_Yash Member

It usually the Wi-Fi Channels that cause a problem. Did you try changing the channels? You could use scanners such as Netstumlber, Acrylic Wifi and many more to determine the weak channels or available channels.

Gdant likes this.
  5. _Yash

_Yash Member

P.S.: Try to keep the WiFi channel below 11.

Gdant likes this.
  6. Gdant

Checking on mobile
    Can you please elaborate more as I am not so advanced user with wifi or communication protocols?
    What channel are you referring?

RGiskardR likes this.
  7. Gdant

thanks you guyz @BC2Tweak and @_Yash :)..finally problem solved:)..some wifi software problem with HP.;)
    HP on their official drivers site hasn't provided the correct software version for Windows 10..:D other model drivers worked for it:p:D

BC2Tweak likes this.
  8. BC2Tweak

BC2Tweak Reviews Moderator Staff Member

Glad to hear that the problem is solved!! :)

Maybe HP does not have the drivers for Windows 10. Sometimes companies don't quite keep up with the OS version. Have found that to be very true in my experiences. :)

Gdant likes this.
  9. Gdant

Mine is HP Pavilion series which are generally given good updates priority:D. Not all drivers available in Windows 8.1 section are available in Windows 10 one as this contains main essential drivers which are not preinstalled on Windows 10 ..I generally download unavailable ones from Win 8.1 section.:D;)
    Companies are there for business only..they don't care about customers:eek:

BC2Tweak likes this.