WiFi Auto-Off turns wireless Internet on Android off or on automatically

Discussion in 'Mobile OS' started by exterminator20, Sep 14, 2013.

1. exterminator20

exterminator20 Initiat3 Known Member

[​IMG]

Description

This simple app can help you increase the standby time of your device: "WiFi Auto-Off" automatically disable your WiFi radio when you don't need it and thereby lowers the battery consumption.
    It is designed to be used with WiFi-only tablets - these devices normally don't require a constant internet connection if you're not using them and turning WiFi off can save a lot of battery power.
    You can also specify to automatically turn on WiFi again, if you turn on your device. This way, you are always connected to your WiFi network when using the the tablet.
    This app has a similiar effect like setting the "WiFi sleep policy" in Android to "always", except that you can now exactly define the timeout between turning the screen off and actually turning off WiFi.

Get WiFi Auto-Off Here

2. Google Adsense

3. artoor

artoor Moderator Staff Member

Thanks exterminator20. Very useful tool. There is similar (built-in) functionality on my Android device, which disables Package data, WiFi and many other automatically when the screen is off. I'm going to install mentioned WiFi Auto-Off on my wife's smartphone - she needs such an app. There is one more advantage of WiFi Auto-Off - it is really light-weight piece of software :)

4. Bala

Bala Administrator Staff Member

Can you tell me how much memory does it consume? I mean exact amount. I have a lot of memory limitations on my phone.

5. akiratoriyama

akiratoriyama Moderator

Re: RE: WiFi Auto-Off turns wireless Internet on Android off or on automatically

Even I have the same functionality in my phone :D

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk 2

6. exterminator20

exterminator20 Initiat3 Known Member

I have been using this for a while and have noticed an improvement in my battery consumption.

7. Bala

My problem is RAM. My phone has limited specs, need to get a better one.

8. artoor

artoor Moderator Staff Member

When it comes to my wife's Sony Ericsson Live With Walkman, mentioned above Wifi Auto-Off consumes:

Resident: ~30 MB
    Shared: ~16 MB
    Effective ~ 15 MB

I think it is really good score :)

9. Bala

Thanks for posting man. Thats RAM I cannot afford to loose. Have to search if any inbuilt settings exist. Thanks artoor.