Valve Steam machines to arrive this November.

Discussion in 'Blog Articles' started by Bala, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Bala

Bala Administrator Staff Member

Valve has announced that it will be partnering with Alienware to launch their Steammachine gaming devices.
    As said earlier Valve had planned to release gaming machines running on their Steam OS which can be paired up to living room TVs to enjoy a immersive gaming experience. It can also be used as a home theatre and can be used as a media centre device as well.

The specifications will be as follows:-
    All of the boxes will come with the exact same GPU:- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX GPU 2GB GDDR5
    But depending on the model you choose you get an i3/i5/i7 processor and also you get to choose between 1TB or 500GB of storage space.

[​IMG]

The Steam Machines are priced starting from $449 to $799 and are exclusively available via Gamestop for preordering.
    You will also have an option of early delivery so you get the steam machine in September-October rather than getting it in November.
    The steambox does look like a capable conputing device but at this price range I would go to build a gaming rig myself. Such a rig can be managed at about 500$. I do not know if Valve plans to offer some special games or offer with it to attract the masses.
    You also get one controller but extra controllers can be purchased at 50$ a piece.

ahmadkhaje likes this.
  2. Google Adsense

3. ahmadkhaje

ahmadkhaje Senior Member

banknote

akiratoriyama likes this.
  4. akiratoriyama

akiratoriyama Moderator Staff Member

Seems too expensive.

5. ahmadkhaje

ahmadkhaje Senior Member

Yes, too expensive and useless

6. illumination

illumination Initiat3

I would not want to play my games on a console like that. Im too used to my gaming mouse and keyboard, would not dig the controller..

7. Bala

Bala Administrator Staff Member

I think for games a gaming controller is cool. I really like Sony's Bioshock controller with its vibrational response. It is really cool man.