Tweakbytes [Personal] Giveaway: Snagit v12.4.1 License

Discussion in 'Expired Personal Giveaways' started by BC2Tweak, Jul 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BC2Tweak

BC2Tweak Reviews Moderator Staff Member

Hello Awesome TbT'ers,

Have just moved to v13 of Snagit, so I now have a v12.4.1 License just setting here doing not a blessed thing, so thought to myself......what might I do with this? And then it hit me, start a Giveaway for it, right here on my beloved TbT. So, here we go.

SnagitRetailBox.jpg

Now, for the conditions of this Giveaway:
    (1) This Giveaway will start: Monday, July 4, 2016 and will run for two full weeks until: Monday, July 18, 2016. This Giveaway will close at 11:59PM (Pacific Standard Time, which is: +7:00 UTC/GMT).
    (2) You must be a Registered Member of Tweakbytes.
    (3)You are only allowed to enter this Giveaway once. We will check your IP address. Do not double-post.
    (4) Please state why you need/want this Software, in the comments below, as well as something like this: "I would like to enter the Giveaway." If you really don't this need this, please don't put your entry in.
    (5) The winner will be selected, on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, by using RANDOM.ORG .
    (6) The winner will be announced, in this thread, so it is the responsibility of the winner to PM me on: July 19 or 20, 2016. You will be given ONLY 3 DAYS (by: July 23, 2016) to PM me, otherwise someone else will be chosen.
    (7) The winner will need to include: their real name and primary email address (don't use a fake one, as that will void your win), in their PM. They will be sent the License Key and where the Snagit installation file is located. This file will be uploaded to a cloud storage site. This file will only be available to download for 72 hours (3 days)-->[Until: July 26, 2016], so please download it IMMEDIATELY. After 72 hours (3 days)-->[July 26, 2016], the download will be removed from the cloud storage site. Do not share the License Key or download link. They are for YOURS EYES and YOUR EYES ONLY.
    (8) Failure to follow these or any other TbT Guidelines will automatically void your entry, as well as ban you from any further Giveaways that I may conduct.

** May the FORCE be with all who enter, and blessings upon you, too!! **

The Giveaway is NOW OVER, no more ENTRIES will be accepted.

The WINNER has been selected, by Random.org, and has been posted in this Thread!!

The WINNER must comply with all of the conditions of this GIVEAWAY.
    These are now the CONDITIONS that the WINNER must meet:
    (6) The winner will be announced, in this thread, so it is the responsibility of the winner to PM me on: July 19 or 20, 2016. You will be given ONLY 3 DAYS (by: July 23, 2016) to PM me, otherwise someone else will be chosen.

(7) The winner will need to include: their real name and primary email address (don't use a fake one, as that will void your win), in their PM. They will be sent the License Key and where the Snagit installation file is located. This file will be uploaded to a cloud storage site. This file will only be available to download for 72 hours (3 days)-->[Until: July 26, 2016], so please download it IMMEDIATELY. After 72 hours (3 days)-->[July 26, 2016], the download will be removed from the cloud storage site. Do not share the License Key or download link. They are for YOURS EYES and YOUR EYES ONLY.

Thank you all for entering!!

We are happy to report that no entry has been disqualified.

Ari, scot, wombat and 6 others like this.
  2. Google Adsense

3. jerzy6012.50

jerzy6012.50 Valued Member Known Member

excellent program and a competition for the soft.
    is a very advanced program for taking screenshots.
    I would be very handy such a program with such great potential.
    thanks for the contest.:)

4. TweakBill

TweakBill Initiat3

I would like to enter the Giveaway.
    Great program that I would definitely use.

5. Gdant

Gdant Senior Member Known Member

Nice you upgraded to new release.:)
    Looks like I need an upgrade though, from my olderrr version.:p
    Thanks for the giveaway BC2Tweak.;).

6. BC2Tweak

v13 is actually quite a bit different from v12 or older. Most of the difference is in how the arranged information in the software, so I'm getting used to it. And it is really affordable to purchase it, as once you have purchased a version of it you can actually buy a yearly maintenance agreement for half of what the upgrade costs. :)

And your answer is fine. :)

guardian and Gdant like this.
  7. BC2Tweak

May I kindly remind everyone of one of the conditions of this Giveaway, and that is #4: Please state why you need/want Snagit. Generic answers simply will not do. I am looking for a targeted/specific answer, in other words, something like: "I want to upgrade my version of Snagit; I do a lot work using screenshots; et cetera." That really is not hard to do. You have until the 18th to correct your entry, otherwise it will be considered an invalid entry. Thank you!! :)

8. Gdant

Yeah, I know but covering it from USD into Indian rupees , it is around ₹3400, which is roughly 6 times more than what Kaspersky internet security (1 year) costs here [just to give comparison].:D
    So purchasing every new update will be a money waste for a student like me.

And they don't provide payment in INR.:(
    Will upgrade to new version if there is some discount!!:cool:

BTW, how can we edit our post here as I am neither and to delete it nor able to edit??

dinosaur07 likes this.
  9. BC2Tweak

-- That is quite understandable!! What version do you have? The reason I am asking is because they offer the Maintenance, which costs me $12.49 USD per year. That is why I was saying that it was very inexpensive to upgrade. I definitely was not saying that you should upgrade. :)
    -- Not sure on the post editing. Let me find out for you. :)

Gdant likes this.
  10. jerzy6012.50

jerzy6012.50 Valued Member Known Member

11. guardian

guardian Administrator Staff Member

last year I changed my screencapture over to Snagit to try it out, am currently using v12.4.1 and I can
    honestly say that it is well worth the purchase price..... great software giveaway my friend :D

Gdant likes this.
  12. BC2Tweak

Got the Maintenance for it....it makes it even less? :)

Thanks ye!! :)
    Am feelin' a 'lil piratey, ye matey!! ;)

Gdant likes this.
  13. guardian

have another license from Snagit to giveaway but will hold off til after yours :D

Gdant and BC2Tweak like this.
  14. BC2Tweak

Cool!! :)

15. BC2Tweak

Hi again,

I have an answer concerning the editing/deleting of posts. It might not be the desired answer, but it is the correct one. The editing/deleting of postings is only available at higher rank titles. I appreciate the question, and frankly, I kind of wanted to know the answer, too!! :)

Gdant likes this.
  16. Gdant

So have to wait to get the real rights:eek:..
    What is the minimum title rank to get it though?:)

17. Gdant

Using snagit 11..:)
    Oh $12.49 is not more, I will get to upgrade it once I get little time;)..

18. BC2Tweak

Again, I'll have to find out. :)

Gdant likes this.
  19. BC2Tweak

I did not realize the exchange rate between my currency and your currency. I was kind of flabbergasted at the difference. :)
    I do think that you could upgrade Snagit with the Maintenance Agreement, if it is reasonable for you. :)
    Or, maybe you won't have to if you win our little Giveaway. That'd be cool!! :)

Gdant likes this.
  20. Gdant

Yeah it is worth what we give for maintenance agreement..
    Should I upgrade it or get a licence for faststone capture??o_O

That is little sad that most software companies don't provide inflation currency conversion, they convert them directly:(

21. BC2Tweak

Hey again,
    Here's the lowdown on the costs for both "FastStone Capture" and "Snagit":
    - FastStone Capture: $19.95 USD (Lifetime License)
    - Snagit: Normal Price-->$49.95 USD, with Yearly Maintenance Agreement it is 25% of the Normal Price ($49.95), which is $12.49 USD.
    TechSmith Website explaining what the Maintenance Agreement is all about: https://www.techsmith.com/maintenance.html.

* So, if you really need to save money, then I would recommend "FastStone Capture".
    * But if you are able to do a little more, then I would recommend "Snagit".
    -- It all boils down to what your budget will all0w you to do.

Hope that helps and gives you some idea!! :)

22. Gdant

Thanks for the suggestion BC2Tweak :)

BC2Tweak likes this.
  23. BC2Tweak

Glad to help a fellow computer person!! :)

Gdant likes this.
  24. guardian

yeah for me Faststone Capture was my go to screen capture for many years, after having looked under the hood Snagit is now my preferred go to ;)

BC2Tweak likes this.
  25. BC2Tweak

And it has been made very affordable by TechSmith!! :)

guardian likes this.
  26. jasonX

jasonX Giveaways Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.