Spotify sells users info to third-party buyers

Discussion in 'Zemana' started by Argerra, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Argerra

Argerra Zemana Developer

Most of us go every day to different app stores and download free apps just to test them out or to use them for daily activities. Free apps like Facebook, Twitter, and Google have millions of users worldwide that are building their online identities around it.

Of course, these worldwide free apps don’t ask for money but they definitely ask for your infoand they extract user data all the time and use it for targeted advertising.

It didn’t take long for another worldwide popular free app to join this list.

Spotify, a widely known and used music streaming service announced that they sell user data to third parties that will be eventually used for targeted advertising, but they named it in a more considerable way - "programmatic buying".

What does this mean?

Read more here.

jasonX, guardian, RGiskardR and 2 others like this.
  2. Google Adsense

3. frogboy

frogboy Member

This selling of data needs to stop, but i know it wont. :(

4. dinosaur07

dinosaur07 Senior Member

LOL. Somebody wiser than me said that always free things cost you more than paid things. This is so true. :rolleyes:

5. guardian

guardian Administrator Staff Member

thankfully I use disposable emails from getairmail.com, use once disposable credit cards and throw away and have a rooted Android with Xprivacy :)

and don't subscribe to Spotify or spotted dick for that matter

thanks Argerra great informational thread

6. BC2Tweak

BC2Tweak Reviews Moderator Staff Member

Well, I don't use Spotify, and probably won't now. It's a good thing that I've got a pretty secure PC and a fairly secure Android phone. :)

As the old adage goes...."money talks!!" :(

Thanks -Argerra- for posting this!! :D