My config.

Discussion in 'Security Configurator' started by frogboy, Jul 24, 2016.

1. frogboy

frogboy Member

Operating system: Windows 10 Pro.
    Architecture: 64 bit
    Real time protection: AVG IS 2016, Zemana Antimalware. Voodooshield.
    On-demand scanner: EEK.
    Virtual Machine: Shadow Defender.
    Back up: Macrium Reflect. Aomei Backupper.
    Default browser: CyberFox.
    Browser extensions:Ublock Origin, Lastpass, HTTPS Everywhere, TrafficLight.

wallymick, revC0de, Trim and 10 others like this.
  2. Google Adsense

3. frogboy, your configuration is one I have particularly enjoyed reading!;)

Also, a very warm welcome to you upon arriving at Tweakbytes. It's very nice to see you, my friend!:):)

Now, back to your configuration. I am impressed by it's efficiently assembled ensemble, and how it leaves no bases uncovered. In admiration, I realize my own system would (if it could on it's own) look to yours as a role model!

AVG was the very first AV I'd discovered (many years ago) that not only worked better, but was absolutely free to use in protecting our, then new, Windows 95 tower!:rolleyes: That was another time & a very different world.o_O

I like your set up very much, and see, aside from AVG, if I were to simply incorporate three points of your arsenal onto my own system (Your Voodoo Shield, Cyberfox, & TrafficLight) plus your impeccable recovery methods, whilst replacing the word Home with "Pro" at the end of Window 10, I would then have a "catboy" configuration identical to yours!:p:D
    I would not go that far, but I do thank you for your teaching through example.:cool:

revC0de, Trim, Der.Reisende and 5 others like this.
  4. Der.Reisende

Der.Reisende Malware Tester Silver Member

Hi frog, welcome to the Club :)
    Looks like a strong setup, nothing to add from my POV :)

5. Trim

Trim MTAC Moderator Staff Member Member Of Month - Tweakbytes Defender

Light, simple and efficient setup. Just add CCleaner, and SandBoxie and use your browser in virtual area, to have an additional protection.

Thanks for sharing friend ;)

6. frogboy

frogboy Member

I have CCleaner i forgot to mention it but but have no need for SandBoxie imn my config. ;)

7. That is a very old version of AVG, was that BC or AC? ;) I wonder what the internet was like in the year 206 ;) :D

In all seriousness, it is a very good configuration Frogboy! Light and solid.

8. revC0de

revC0de MTAC Moderator Staff Member

Edited year 206 :D
    Very good config, thanks for sharing with us! :)

9. tonino

tonino Guest

a part the AV suite... I like it