Micromax Canvas 4G released for 10,999Rs

Discussion in 'Blog Articles' started by Bala, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Bala

Bala Administrator Staff Member

Micromax the Indian telecom giant has released the Micromax Canvas 4G mobile phone and it will be sold for Rs. 10,999.
    The good part is it will be sold in retail as well as online channels so no flash sales and other idiocies. This device comes into compete with the likes of Moto G3, and Mi4i. At a time when the 10-15K segment is the hottest warzone, this phone comes to wage another battle and put Micromax product a bar above.

[​IMG]

The first thing which caught my attention is, that this phone is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 415 Quad-Core processor. This is far better than MediaTek processors and will also mean that some kind of custom ROM development can take place as Qualcomm releases the sources for their chipsets. Formerly such devices where only available under the YU brand name. I still feel though MMX should only sell YU branded devices with CM support since it makes sense to buy them, as you get upgrade guarantee for at least a year. MMX too has been trying to improve and has updated quite a few of its Kitkat devices to Lollipop but it has too many devices to take care of.

The device launches on Android 5.0.2, while 5.1 would have been better. It also has a 2GB RAM, and Corning Gorilla Glass display. 13MP Dual Lens back-camera and 5MP front shooter. Comes with 16GB ROM but no information about expandable storage. 99% it should have an expandable storage.

Verdict:- I would say not to purchase this phone and instead for Mi4i or Mi4 if budget permits. Or else even Redmi 2 Prime which is just 7000Rs is better. Why because Xiaomi will provide updates and custom ROMS are available for this phone. Also they do have great quality. The Moto G-3 too is a great contender over here. This phone would have been a stellar buy at 6000Rs from Mmx because frankly Mmx products do not deserve 10,000. The YU handsets ie the Yureka Plus is far better than this device. I am unsure whether Mmx even thinks a little before pricing its devices? The company itself has better devices priced lower. So yes this is a pass.

2. Google Adsense

3. akiratoriyama

akiratoriyama Moderator Staff Member

They priced it such to promote their YU brand. Retail customers don't usually give a damn about Xiaomi and Motorola phones as they're exclusive to ecommerce sites. I've a friend who bought the HTC Desire 820G+ for 18k instead of OnePlus One, simply because it wasn't available retail.

Bala likes this.
  4. Bala

Bala Administrator Staff Member

Yes akiratoriyama you are right. People are really stupid and still do not trust E-commerce sites or can't wait one or two days for a good device. Consumers in India are not aware of fair pricing and bargaining for features. Retail outlets sell it at much higher costs.