Malwarebytes Labs Update Thread

Discussion in 'Security software releases' started by Petrovic, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Petrovic

Petrovic Forum Addict Silver Member

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.00 BETA

Changelog:

Completely new look and feel including the Dashboard, a one-stop-shop for all major status info and key functions for the program
    Interactive notifications
    Malwarebytes Chameleon driver integrated to provide self-protection for the Premium version (available under Advanced Settings)
    Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit integrated into the scanner (available under Detection Settings)
    New, enhanced version of Malicious Website Protection for Windows Vista Service Pack 2 and above (better performance, added ability to exclude processes such as Bittorrent clients from Malicious Website Protection, ability to manually exclude IP addresses and individual URLs/websites by domain name)
    MBAM can now be minimized to the tray in both Free and Premium but you can still close the program as desired so that it does not run constantly in the background (Free version still doesn't load itself on startup because we know our Free users don't want that)

[​IMG]

Malwarebytes is currently conducting a closed beta-testing program.

[​IMG]
    [video=youtube]http://youtu.be/NwNsLOiDoEc[/video]

revC0de likes this.
  2. Google Adsense

3. guardian

guardian Administrator Staff Member

RE: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.00 BETA

I am starting an MBAM Pro 3 license giveaway shortly :D

4. jerzy6012.50

jerzy6012.50 Valued Member Known Member

I wonder when will the final version?

5. WalterWolf

WalterWolf Board Enthusiast

Nice GUI,can't wait for final version :D

6. guardian

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 is currently in alpha preview. I believe the Beta should be ready in a few weeks and then the final version a few weeks after that, all this depending on testing and the bugs found so there's no concrete date available.

The 3 licenses I have for the giveaway contest will allow you to transfer to v2 when released :D

S4 using Tapatalk 4 Pro

7. jerzy6012.50

guardian as the final version will look forward to the competition.
    maybe for my birthday TBT?

8. guardian

ROFLMAO... Only random.org can make this come true
    good luck for your Birthday wish mate.. :D

9. Bala

Bala Administrator Staff Member

Damn the UI looks cool. I hope my current license can be transferred over to v2.

10. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Board Enthusiast

Yes, your license can be transferred to v2. They are honoring all licenses that are pre v2.

11. Bala

That is actually great

12. Petrovic

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.00 Beta Test
    I am overjoyed to announce the first public beta of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0. I know you've been waiting a very long time for this and so have we! The purpose of this beta is to get feedback from the people we care most about -- our users!

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 ships with a completely redesigned user interface to make the product easier to use, more informative, and provide quicker access to key functionality.We have built in and improved our Anti-Rootkit and Chameleon self-protection technologies that have been in beta for the past year. Additionally, we've rewritten Malicious Website Blocking and improved native x64 support. Most importantly, our detection and removal engine was significantly improved under the hood and kicks even more malware butt! This is the biggest rewrite we have ever undertaken, and we hope you’re thrilled with the result.

With the launch of 2.0, we'll also be moving to a subscription licensing model, $24.95 per year. As more and more people have come to rely on us for malware protection and cleanup, our costs in bandwidth, hosting fees, infrastructure, salaries of our researchers, QA department, and more have grown immensely. Though our company is about more than just making money, we are a company and we do have to make money to pay our staff to continue doing what they love, which is fighting malware. The subscription model will help us to be sustainable for the future while staying true to our roots that we will always make malware cleanup free for everyone.

We will continue to honor existing lifetime licenses, meaning any users that already have a lifetime license for 1.x will continue to have a lifetime license for 2.x. We'll be offering a few thousand more lifetime licenses during launch as well. On top of all of that, new subscription licenses will be valid for 3 PCs, not just 1.

We could have gone other routes to make our business more financially sustainable, like adding toolbars or advertisements like many other security products have, but that's not the company we are. We believe that products should be nag-free and cleanup shouldn't cost our users a dime, and we're going to stay true to that.

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=141268
    http://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbam_public_beta

LICENSE KEY:
    id: MBAM2BETA
    key: 4XZHE-6ANRN-TKWCV-EV6HZ-G79PH

13. sid_16

sid_16 Member

</article>

14. Petrovic

http://tweakbytes.com/Thread-Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware-2-00-BETA
    repetition

15. jelson

jelson Junior Member

Thanks for the heads up

Learned that the Pro product will be going from a lifetime license to a yearly subscription starting with version 2.x

Anyone who's considered getting the Pro version should do so now. They said they intend to honor all lifetime 1.x licenses

16. Bala

But will a 1.x license will get lifetime updates after 2.x? They can reverse policies at any time any ways its still a good idea to get a lifetime key right now.
    I have got one via a contest so I am good.

17. sid_16

sid_16 Member

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.00 Beta Test (TWO) -- DOWNLOAD
    Source - https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=142167

18. Bala

Thats right, you heard it correct, Malawarebytes version 2 has been finally released after a long beta testing period.

What I can see from the release notes is that the following new features are available.
    1. Advanced scanning engine.
    2. New and improved GUI
    3. Native 64bit scanning support for faster scans.
    4. Chameleon and Rootkit remover now deeply integrated with the core to give strong offensive capabilities and a great self defense.
    5. Completely rewritten website blocking sheild.

So how do you get this update? If you are on the previous version just head here and download the update.
    http://www.malwarebytes.org/update/

You can select free/premium version. Note the pro version of Malawarebytes is now renamed premium.
    Also all existing users with a lifetime pro license of the old version are eligible for a Free update to Malwarebytes v2.0 premium. This is really great on the part of malwarebytes to do so and honor license holders like me.

Also it seems that now there will be no more lifetime version only a subscription based service for a 3PC license for 1 year at 24.95$.
    Also malwarebytes has told that it will be running a short promo where users can purchase 1000 lifetime licenses. This should be a great offer so keep visiting their website, and I Will also post it here once the offer becomes live so users can take advantage of it.

I am yet to update and tomorrow morning will attach screenshots of the program as well. So for now enjoy guys. We will also try to hold a contest for the new version 2.0

Please note all our Malwarebytes giveaway winners can upgrade to version 2.0 for free as they were lifetime licenses

19. Petrovic

screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Thanks for screenshots Petrovic and thanks adminBala for update.

21. guardian

Malwarebytes the blog Cyber-criminals don't want you to read HERE

22. jerzy6012.50

I was waiting for the final version and the waiting.This wonderful program.
    I am curious if will cooperate with Eset NOD 32 or there will be a conflict?

23. artoor

artoor Moderator Staff Member

Glad to be one of Pro lifetime user. Thank you Bala for the news. As soon as I got home I set about update from v1 into v2 :D

24. Bala

It should work with ESET but jerzy the final version is out. This is not a beta.

25. Bala

Have not installed it myself, so I have not noticed these bugs. Seems like this was a rushed release then and will come to bite for Malwarebytes.

Edit:- Saw the forums and I can see the complaints. Currently I would advice users not to upgrade to MBAM V 2.0

Illumination, I have question, will MBAM be providing a free upgraded software for your Malwarebytes Tech Bench?

26. Bala

I am abstaining my itch to upgrade as i read the forum posts in the morning.
    It will be nice if they supply a new USB altogether...

Sent from my GT-S6312 using Tapatalk