How to handle failed downloads “virus detected” on Windows 10

Discussion in 'Guides' started by RGiskardR, Nov 24, 2017.

1. RGiskardR

RGiskardR Malware Tester Silver Member

[​IMG]
    I tried to download a file recently on a Windows 10 Fall Creators Update system using Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox, and could not because all blocked the file download because of a virus that was detected during the security scan.

Chrome displayed "Failed - Virus detected", Microsoft Edge "[filename] contained a virus and was deleted", and Firefox simply "failed" in the user interface.

Windows Defender was the security program on the machine, and a quick check revealed that the built-in security tool was indeed responsible for blocking the file download on the machine.

I knew that this was a false positive, and the following paragraphs describe how I tried to get the file to download to the system.

First thing that I did was start Windows Defender Security Center to find out more about the threat.

Start the program with a tap on the Windows-key, type Windows Defender, and select the entry Windows Defender Security Center.

Full source: https://www.ghacks.net/2017/11/23/h...ownloads-virus-detected-issues-on-windows-10/

silversurfer and daljeet like this.
  2. Google Adsense