How to fix broken USB install damaging your Linux dual boot

Discussion in 'Guides' started by RGiskardR, Feb 7, 2018.

1. RGiskardR

RGiskardR Malware Tester Silver Member

[​IMG]
    Rather than a very straightforward tutorial type article, I thought I would tell you a true story of what happened to me immediately before writing this, and how I solved it.

Tonight before I started working on some articles for Ghacks, I decided to wipe my current setup and install the latest version of Linux Mint Cinnamon edition, and see how she runs. This laptop currently has Windows 7 and Antergos dual-booted.

I couldn’t find the usual flash drive I keep handy for firing LiveUSB’s up, so I grabbed another random one I had laying around, and I quickly popped open Rufus, made my USB, and booted into Mint. I noticed that the boot was a bit slower than it had been in the past, but I thought perhaps that might just be attributed to this version of Mint, no big deal, and moved on to continue with the installation.

Full source: https://www.ghacks.net/2018/02/07/how-to-fix-broken-usb-breaking-linux-install-your-dual-boot/

jasonX, Trim and silversurfer like this.
  2. Google Adsense

3. jasonX

jasonX Giveaways Moderator Staff Member

Thanks RGiskardR!

Actually your post is similar to what we will be having soon in one of the mechanics of our future giveaway :) Instead of answering a question those who join will be asked for something similar :) Great :)

RGiskardR likes this.