HerdProtect or SecureAPlus?

Discussion in 'Product vs Product' started by Joanna564, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Joanna564

Joanna564 Member

Which from these software's to maximizing security you prefer?

I prefer SecureAPlus because it working well with my anti- virus and only sometimes it detect FP.

I don't test herdProtect but I know that this software using more scan engine, and I thinking: more scan engine is more False Positive.

Which from these software's you prefer?

Overkill likes this.
  2. Google Adsense

3. Overkill

Overkill Senior Member Known Member

SecureAPlus, it's a great layer of security to add to your AV

4. Bala

Bala Administrator Staff Member

Dont use HerdProtect if you already have a strong AV. I for one know it does not run well with AVG and Avast most of the times.
    SecureAPlus on the other hand is very a good compliment to it. I think Hendy, the dev of SecureAPlus is active on our forums as well. You can always contact him here for help, just open a thread and you are good to go.

5. SecureAplus has realtime where as Herd is a on demand. Not even the same category. SAP has 12 engines and a pretty decent detection rate. Herd is still a Beta, and a project mostly abandoned. Although this does not mean it is not useful, as even though the database is not kept up to speed with signatures, Herds built in tools are quite handy, the "examine a file/ examine a process" is very informative. Reason Core security was developed by the same developer as Herd, and herd is actually incorporated into it, along with unchecky and "should i remove it" which is also by the same developer "Andrew Newman". RSC is another solid product worth checking into if you have not. I do see this is an older thread, but thought i would breath some life back into it..

Der.Reisende, guardian and Gdant like this.
  6. BC2Tweak

BC2Tweak Reviews Moderator Staff Member

SAP is a very nice program!! :)

It plays nice with the other progs I have on my laptop, and that is always a plus. :)

guardian, Gdant and Lucent Warrior like this.
  7. It has come a long way for sure, i was testing it the other day, and was not able to get anything by it. If i use it though, i prefer to download the full installer with no offline AV.

Der.Reisende and BC2Tweak like this.
  8. Gdant

Gdant Senior Member Known Member

ReasonCore security is also a good ondemand scanner by herdProtect developer..
    And it has shown some nice results on mt virus testing section..
    I will arrange them with priority as follows
    ReasonCore> SAP>herdprotect scanner

9. It is funny you mention that, as i was one that used to test it there. You would have known me as illumination then, the Malware Hub moderator that changed the testing format and policies. ;)

Der.Reisende and jasonX like this.
  10. Gdant

Okkkk, you have come back with new Nick:).. Nice to see you here
    What happened to your old accounts??

BTW, I didn't see that you have already mentioned about it;).
    I also did some testing on it but it was too buggy at that time.:) Now it had improved, are you still the beta tester of it??

Der.Reisende likes this.
  11. Long story on the name change, but all is good. I do test it from time to time, but have been holding out a bit, as i found a bug with it and certain virtual machine/OS combination environments that causes connection issues with its cloud service, i have contacted Andrew Newman himself on this, and he is aware and has been working on it.

jasonX, guardian and Gdant like this.
  12. jasonX

jasonX Giveaways Moderator Staff Member

Maybe a review and a possible giveaway might be warranted here at TBT for that ;)

Gdant and Lucent Warrior like this.
  13. Gdant

Yup, I think for security software there should be video review rather than written one as how well it protects us is more important than the more features it contains:)

14. BC2Tweak

BC2Tweak Reviews Moderator Staff Member

That is a good point, however, have you read any of the Reviews on here, as they contain both? Also, less bandwith...videos do use quite a bit of bandwith. That is important for a lot of us. You can also graphically depict the active protection of security software. :)

Just sharing a couple of cents worth!! :)

Gdant likes this.
  15. Gdant

Yeah, I read Emsisoft review, it is a good review by our friend, jasonX..

Let's take Malwarebytes or zemana (though you have made a marvellous review of it) , they have very less possible tweaks, but they can outrun many antiviruses (with plethora of tweaks) for the tasks they have been made..:)

I agree with this with review take less bandwidth and give more insight about the security software with detailed results ..;)

Whereas video gives more focus how antivirus performs and that's what we expect from it:D