Gmail vs Hotmail vs Yahoo

Discussion in 'Product vs Product' started by MrHacker, May 29, 2013.

?

GMAIL vs HOTMAIL vs YAHOO

1. Gmail

85.7%
  2. Hotmail

9.5%
  3. Yahoo

4.8%
  1. MrHacker

MrHacker Initiat3 Silver Member

Which one you prefer.
    I love Gmail a lot. I love it because:
    • Nice Design
    • Very Fast
    • Good Spam Protection
    Even Gmail is going having new Design that is a good news for the Gmail Lover & Even all of our TBT Team do discussion on Gmail Chat Only.

2. Google Adsense

3. artoor

artoor Moderator Staff Member

I've been using gmail since you had to received an invitation from another gmail user to register your own account ;) And yes - it is one of the best free e-mail account IMO, even though we are watched all the time :p

4. ZeroDay

ZeroDay Member

I've found Gmail to be the best so far.

5. WalterWolf

WalterWolf Board Enthusiast

Outlook/Hotmail is best for me,i just feel safe :)

6. AWESUM-NESS

AWESUM-NESS Initiat3

I don´t use gmail and don´t think I ever will,I only use outlook/live/hotmail and yahoo at times

7. guardian

guardian Administrator Staff Member

good people have you looked outside the box..

Hushmail is a web-based email service offering free PGP-encrypted e-mail, 25Gb free file storage and vanity domain service.  do read here at www.hushmail.com

you will be pleasantly surprised and have the feeling of security that you used to get :S

oh and they will NEVER spam you :D and you can DELETE your email account at any time :D

S4 using Tapatalk 4 Pro

hnbp16 likes this.
  8. WalterWolf

Free registrations are disabled.

9. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Member

I have always liked Gmail. No fuss, no muss, no hassles.
    After using Yahoo mail for years before Gmail came on the scene I was CONSTANTLY having my Yahoo email address spoofed and it just seems that Yahoo mail accounts are constantly being hacked, I don't know why but it seems Yahoo does nothing to improve and/or secure their mail servers better.
    As far as Hotmail goes, I just never liked it, I used it for a very short period of time years back and never went back to it.

10. guardian

guardian Administrator Staff Member

also use www.mail.com ..they have some awesome alternate domain extensions...like @cyberdude.com @cybergirl.com @lawyer.com although the last escapes me as to why anybody world use this one LoL..take a look there's one for everybody and you can retain your individuality at the end of your email not just the front :D

S4 using Tapatalk 4 Pro
    [hr]
    I am using cyberghost server in USA
    maybe that's why?? so i created you an account as [email protected]
    you can use if you want or use the passphrase that I will PM you and delete it :D

[​IMG]

11. artoor

artoor Moderator Staff Member

Mate is it possible to configure my email client with free option of hushmail.com? Asking because I don't usually log-in via webpage... so I assume that when checking my mailbox with thebat it is recognised as typical loging in (limitation: log in once every three weeks is pretty inconvenience to me ;-))

--
    Wysłane ze smartfona przy użyciu Tapatalk
    Sent from my smartphone using Tapatalk

12. WalterWolf

Guardian told that this isn't really important.We went to much in off-topic please make new thread about Hushmail so we can discuss it there.

13. Bala

Bala Administrator Staff Member

You can do that Artoor, if Hushmail has either SMTP/POP/IMAP option which mostly it should. Well as walter said its going a bit off-topic.

That said Gmail is actually quite good as it has Gtalk with it.

14. zvizni

zvizni Initiat3

good news from yahoo:

http://www.zdnet.com/yahoo-finally-enables-https-encryption-for-email-by-default-7000024922/

15. BC2Tweak

BC2Tweak Reviews Moderator Staff Member

Out of the three, I use Gmail. It is less clunky and and quicker loading. Yahoo! is well Yahoo! And Hotmail is very clunky and less user-friendly, and frankly..I strongly dislike Hotmail's web interface. It annoys me to the very ends of the earth. Gmail also seems to be accepted by most web sites.

16. Bala

Well sites actually accept all email but the problem BCTweak is that hotmail has high standards of spam prevention and they require websites to add a trust MX record without which most of the time emails from auto-responder gets to spam.
    Gmail has done quite a brilliant job with its antispam here and is definitely a pleasure. I am not a big fan of the hotmail UI but well it works.
    Actually question would be better as Outlook Vs Gmail, Hotmail online and offline is Outlook.

17. BC2Tweak

I was speaking out of my experience with websites not accepting email addresses. An old one of mine that web sites had a fit with was one that ended with: "q.com". It was from an old internet provider. I discovered after doing some research that the reason the web sites were having a fit with the "q.com" had to do with the IP software and their systems. I definitely do not use Yahoo! Mail, as I find their spam filters stink. :)

18. Bala

Many people reckon Yahoo has the best Antispam but I am with you on this one BCTweak. Hotmail and Gmail do a better job which gmail almost having a 99% accuracy. Hard to beat.

19. jerzy6012.50

jerzy6012.50 Valued Member Known Member

I use Gmail because most pleased me to my needs and tastes.

20. BC2Tweak

Yes, indeed....Hotmail and Gmail do have awesome spam filters. Yahoo! Mail makes me wonder how much time they actually spend developing it. I can't say that they are overly responsive to users, as I've tried to send suggestions before, and they either didn't receive them or just ignored them (not really sure...but it seems that it had to be either one of those). The suggestions were prompted by Yahoo asking for them. :)

21. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Member

Sorry zvizni but .......
    ROFLMAO! like this is going to make me go back to them?!
    They could have done this YEARS ago and didn't.
    If your wondering ....... YES it's personal and YES I hate F!#king Yahoo.

22. Gnosis

Gnosis Senior Member Known Member

I really don't care for any of them. I like GTalk though. I do use GMAIL and Yahoo! Mail because I am used to Yahoo! and I need GMAIL for work, and one other email service that I am not telling you about. :)

23. tarekma7

tarekma7 Junior Member

I am using gmail most of the time. Sometimes using yahoo mail

24. dinosaur07

dinosaur07 Senior Member

Most Gmail, less yahoo and outlook.

25. hnbp16

hnbp16 Initiat3

RGiskardR likes this.
  26. BC2Tweak

Anymore having a Gmail Account is almost necessary, especially if you use an Android device, since it is all tied together. This is not a bad thing always...it's kind of like a blessing and somewhat of a curse.....all at the same time. :)

RGiskardR likes this.