Flash Drive Protection Software

Discussion in 'Computers Help' started by BC2Tweak, Jan 13, 2014.

1. BC2Tweak

BC2Tweak Reviews Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

I'm looking to install some security software for my Flash Drives, and would appreciate some suggestions as to some really good security software. I'm not currently sure what is in the market for Flash Drives, as I've not fully investigated this yet. Thanks!! :)

2. Google Adsense

3. guardian

guardian Administrator Staff Member

if you are looking for a portable safe I posted this a few days ago mate CLICK HERE to read

I have a spare key if you wish to PM me

4. Bala

Bala Administrator Staff Member

Okay well you could use what guardian says or maybe consider the following other options.

1- Get Trustport USB AV
    2- Get TrueCrypt, it can create self decrypting pendrives so no need of truecrypt on target computer.
    3- You can actually use BitLocker of MS to do this, but requires Win7+ and the enterprise or pro editions.

So if you are looking for casual but strong encryption and easy to use and free go for TrueCrypt.

5. guardian

guardian Administrator Staff Member

hmm didn't suggest Truecrypt as the comment was per USB security and not particularly sharing data.. ;D so as adminBala suggests too there's a few solutions for you BC2Tweak

S4 using Tapatalk 4 Pro

6. BC2Tweak

Thanks @guardian and @adminBala, for the great suggestions!! I do use Steganos Privacy Suite already, and it's a pretty awesome tool. I knew about TrueCrypt, but had put in way back in my mind. I'll definitely check out TrustPort. Thanks, again!! :)

7. Bala

Bala Administrator Staff Member

Remember Trustport is a complete antivirus along with other things. It will run from the USB.

8. BC2Tweak

Yes, I noticed that TrustPort USB was a complete AV solution when I installed it the other day. I'm glad that it installed to my flash drive, as I have other AV software on my laptop. :)