Emsisoft Online Armor

Discussion in 'Emsisoft' started by KelvinW4, Sep 4, 2013.

1. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Board Enthusiast

http://changeblog.emsisoft.com/#sthash.7V796bIE.dpuf

2. Google Adsense

3. akiratoriyama

akiratoriyama Moderator Staff Member

Looks like a major update

4. exterminator20

exterminator20 Initiat3 Known Member

The full windows 8.1 support is good.I use EIS on all my Windows 7 installs but on Windows 8 OA was a little buggy but with updates that has been taken care of.Nice to see them getting it ready for the 8.1 release

5. reyes

reyes Member

Emsisoft Online Armor 7.0.0.1866 released

Emsisoft Online Armor 7 is a major program revision for improved protection, stability and compatibility.

Improvements:
    Full Windows 8.1 support.
    Asynchronous connection handling. This way existing connections will no longer be blocked by pending firewall alerts.
    Improved processing of digital signatures that use special hash and time stamp algorithms.
    Improved banking mode. Now all domains that are trusted are visible to the user to avoid confusion about implicitly trusted pages as well as white-listed pages.
    Improved rule processing for better performance.
    Improved compatibility with both Chrome-based browsers as well as Sandboxie, VoodooShield, and several other security applications.
    Improved updates. Online Armor now uses the same content delivery network that is used by Emsisoft Anti-Malware to provide the best download speeds for all our users.
    Obsolete Online Armor++ components have been removed, reducing the download size by about 60%.
    More than 300 bug fixes overall. Between them various possible blue screens on Windows 7 and 8 systems.
    - See more at: http://changeblog.emsisoft.com/#sthash.wydIUika.dpuf
    [hr]
    [hr]
    Been using it on windows 8.1 feels lot better now... Much improved product than before

6. exterminator20

Mine upgraded automatically the other day,I agree both EAM & OA running much more smoothly now.
    I havent used it on Windows 8.1 but I am using ESS 7 on both of my Windows 8.1 and I haven't had any problems with that either

7. Bala

Bala Administrator Staff Member

Looks great, but I am still waiting for Emsi to integrate OA with Emsisoft Anti-malware. This due since a long time and I do not realize what is the problem with going ahead with it.

8. guardian

guardian Administrator Staff Member

I was using previous version of OAP and found it to be a complete resource hog,,, so I took it out

S4 using Tapatalk 4 Pro

9. exterminator20

Going back to previous versions,I have never really experienced an resource issues.Just EAM updates seemed to make a bit of an impact on the system.

Since the newest version releases of both EAM & OA it is 100% better and I don't have any problems with either of them.

I agree I would like to see EAM & OA combined in a Security Suite too.I think we will see this soon from Emsisoft