Emsisoft Anti-Malware Update Thread

Discussion in 'Emsisoft' started by exterminator20, Jul 2, 2013.

1. exterminator20

exterminator20 Initiat3 Known Member

This is a major update for improved user experience, performance and precision in malware removal.

What’s new?

Major signature database cleanup and reorganization to reduce update traffic and memory usage by approx. 80 MB.

Greatly improved malware cleaning engine for safer and more thorough removal of infections.

Significantly faster updates through the implementation of:

parallel downloads during updates, in order to make the most out of the available local bandwidth;

an optimized update routine, reducing the average processing time from up to 20 seconds to under 3 seconds;

a large distributed network of servers in over 30 data processing centres all around the globe, allowing us to provide you with more update servers closer to your area.

Dozens of improvements based on customer feedback (thank you!) for the user interface, leading to enhanced user experience.

Includes important stability and compatibility fixes.

2. Google Adsense

3. Bala

Bala Administrator Staff Member

Just heard some reviews and it seems users say it is great. Thanks EX for posting. Can anyone give a screenshot for resource usage?

4. MrHacker

MrHacker Initiat3 Silver Member

I downloaded it i will give it a try in the VM.

5. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Board Enthusiast

Looks great:glad:

6. Spirit

Spirit Initiat3 Silver Member

Just Installed and its working great here

[​IMG]

Just installed and at the time of screenshot firefox open with 5 tabs and downloading.
    I think ram usage will go less than 10 mb when i ran complete scan and do system tweaks.
    Will update soon

7. jasonX

jasonX Giveaways Moderator Staff Member

Just updated earlier and this is what I got with FF22 in SBIE and Dragon.exe. Seems the same as version 7 to me..still observing though..

[​IMG]

8. Raul90

Raul90 Valued TBT Member Known Member

I just updated to EAM ver8. Did a clean install and one thing I noticed after restart it seemed to have not started. There was no icon in the tray area. Prior restarting I was sure that it was there and have made it "shown".  See image attached.

I had to double-click the desktop icon to start it. After that the icon showed. I rebooted to see that the phenomenon recurred. Anyone noticed that..?

[​IMG]

My a2service.exe is below.

[​IMG]

9. Bala

It did work fine for me on my VM. I will try to get some screenshots. Currently I have deleted all my VMS to test Arch and Linux Mint.

10. exterminator20

[​IMG]

Emsisoft Anti-Malware 8.1 is a maintenance update for improved performance, detection, and removal.

What’s new in Version 8.1?

*Lighter real-time protection: Reworked File Guard and Behavior Blocker routines to reduce resource usage significantly, making the software lighter and faster than ever before.
    *New Hybrid Updates: 95% less update traffic on average thanks to the clever combination of incremental and differential updates.
    *Broader PUP detection: Special treatment of potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), such as browser toolbars and buttons, allow for much more aggressive PUP detection and removal in the future.
    *Better Malware removal: Improved speed and precision when cleaning infections.
    *Improved accessibility: Optimized support for screen readers and braille lines.

Guaranteed benefits that haven’t changed:

Emsisoft malware removal guarantee:
    Specially trained malware removal experts will help you clean your system. The service is free of charge, even if you don’t use any Emsisoft product. Malware removal help is available in the Emsisoft Support Forums.

Emsisoft technology guarantee:

All customers who own a valid Emsisoft Anti-Malware licence will receive the new version as usual at no cost through online updates.

Free trial period:

If you are new to Emsisoft, you can test our products for 30 days at no cost and without any obligations. You may download the latest installation file from our Emsisoft Anti-Malware product page right away.

Pricing:

The price for the initial year is US$ 39.95 with discounts for multi-year packages.

Renewal:

Consecutive years are available at 25% off with an extra 5% discount for each additional year as a loyalty bonus. See the license renewal page for details.

Language support:

Emsisoft Anti-Malware includes 27 language-packs (English, German, French, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese Traditional, Chinese Simplified, Croatian, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese).

Compatibility

Emsisoft Anti-Malware 8.1 runs on Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8 with full x64 support from Windows Vista onwards.

Emsisoft Anti-Malware for Server 8.1 is specialized in server protection and runs on Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2012.

See More At - http://changeblog.emsisoft.com/category/stable-updates/#sthash.aGMMLilc.dpuf

DOWNLOAD
    Version 8.1.0.4
    Runs On: Win XP, Vista, 7 & 8
    Released: 8/19/2013

11. Spirit

Spirit Initiat3 Silver Member

Interesting update,Thanks exterminator20.
    Have anybody experience any change after update as it claims its lighter than before.
    I have it on my laptop but I cannot check it as it was with my cousin and he is outside state for holidays for week :p

12. exterminator20

I think there is a significant reduction in resource usage and a noticeable difference with updates.For me 8.1 seems to be everything they claim it to be.I can't comment on the improved Malware removal as I have not had an infection since I have been using EIS,which is a testament to their protection.

13. KelvinW4

Thank you, looks great. Looks like EEK is also updated?

14. exterminator20

EEK 4.0.0.12 was released back around the 2nd week in July.That is the latest stable version.

15. KelvinW4

Yeah, but I updated it and it restarted and asked if you wanted to scan for PUPs, so I thought it was updated like the latest version.

16. reyes

reyes Member

17. WalterWolf

WalterWolf Board Enthusiast

How is runing EAM now ?

18. exterminator20

I am running EIS and have no problems running EAM and or OA.Updates are much faster and lighter than previous versions.I hardly notice it except when it talks which I don't mind because I know it's working

19. WalterWolf

WalterWolf Board Enthusiast

How is boot time ?

20. exterminator20

Excellent but I used KIS for a long time so any faster boot time is good to me

21. jasonX

jasonX Giveaways Moderator Staff Member

I have one partition with EIS which formerly had Emsisoft Online Armor Premium + Avira IS 2012 (just the AV/WebControl) and the boot time was at 27sec. The "Emsisoft Online Armor Premium + Avira IS 2012" was at 21sec. The second partition which has Eset NOD32 AV + Emsisoft Online Armor Premium was at 20sec. Small difference to me but I noticed a great improvement in the updates!

22. reyes

reyes Member

I tested EAM in windows 8.1 and its working good no problems yet

23. Bala

Thanks reyes for pointing it works with Windows 8.1. I wanted to ask is OA as chatty as before? And is OA stable and mature or is it still buggy and causes BSODS?

24. reyes

reyes Member

OA 7 beta is stable in windows 8 and less buggy but in windows 8.1 there is some issues I think, tats why they are holding back its release

25. Petrovic

Petrovic Forum Addict Silver Member

Emsisoft Anti-Malware 8.1.0.40 is a maintenance update for improved performance and protection.
    Improvements:
    Adds support for detecting malicious Chrome and Firefox extensions.
    Adds general support of newest Firefox and Chrome developer versions.
    Adds support for detecting possibly unwanted system settings.
    Improved infection categorization.
    Internal optimizations to reduce the number of required signatures and memory consumption.
    Removed Outlook integration as it became obsolete for safety.
    Removed cookie scan as it became obsolete for safety.
    Enhanced error logging routines.
    Problem with Security Wizard reappearing after completed installation – fixed.
    Bug with filenames in email notifications – fixed.
    Several potential memory corruptions and memory leaks – fixed.
    Problem with handling of specific network shares – fixed.
    Problem with files being occasionally detected as folders and folders as files – fixed.
    http://blog.emsisoft.com/2014/02/15/emsisoft-anti-malware-8-1-0-40-released/

26. Petrovic

Petrovic Forum Addict Silver Member

What's new in Emsisoft Anti-Malware 9.0.0.4103:

[​IMG]
    • Improved usability:
    • Our primary goal is to provide complete protection against viruses and other malware, with a focus on maximum efficiency in every respect. Emsisoft Anti-Malware 9 is not an overloaded, sluggish suite. It is fast and lean, and focuses on what is most essential: keeping your PC malware free. The completely revised user interface in version 9 reflects this intention and has been optimized for Windows 8. The new design arranges the main functions with corresponding shapes and coloring, making them quickly accessible and easy to understand – especially for first-time users. We believe that anti-malware software has never been easier to use, and yet we also think that Emsisoft Anti-Malware 9 will be highly valued by computer professionals worldwide, for its flexible configuration and advanced capabilities.
    • Faster scans with better detection:
    • Our dual-scanner strategy has been tried and tested for many years, and it has successfully won countless comparatives and awards from renowned anti-virus test labs like AV-Comparatives and Virus Bulletin (VB100). This malware scanner has been improved in the new version of Emsisoft Anti-Malware as well, so that even the latest threats can be safely and thoroughly removed. Additionally, we have greatly increased scanning speed.
    • Three-layered real-time protection:
    • This is where Emsisoft has always proven to be ahead of the competition. Layer one is Surf Protection, which blocks browser-independent access to dangerous and fraudulent websites, to prevent you from downloading malware. Layer two is a dual-engine file guard, which automatically scans all new and modified files – including those on newly attached USB data storage devices – using over 12 million signatures. Layer three, Behavior Blocker, is our highlight. Behavior Blocker uses behavioral analysis to detect brand new threats based on derivative behavioral patterns. With version 9, Behavior Blocker’s cloud-assisted detection performance has been massively improved, resulting in fewer false positives and the possibility for more accurate malware classification.
    • Hundreds of detail improvements for a better user experience:
    • It’s the simple things in life that bring us joy. That’s why we’ve always listened and responded quickly to our customers. The customer feedback we received during the past year allowed us to incorporate hundreds of improvements into Emsisoft Anti-Malware 9.
    http://dl.emsisoft.com/EmsisoftAntiMalwareSetup.exe

http://changeblog.emsisoft.com/2014/06/18/emsisoft-anti-malware-9-released/