Defraggler Free vs Smart Defrag

Discussion in 'Product vs Product' started by roadruler, Nov 27, 2013.

1. roadruler

roadruler Member

Anyone else has used these two programs? Which one do you prefer? Why?

2. Google Adsense

3. Bala

Bala Administrator Staff Member

I would say neither mate. I will copy one of my posts in a previous discussion. 
    Here you go read this post written by me. I always recommend built in and not use too much defrag as it will lead to hard-drive especially SSD performance degradation. SSD internally also has a smarter sector allocation and as SSD has no movable parts so if theoretically even if each KB of a file was stored in non-contiguous locations still it will make no difference as it does not have a disk head which needs to move and come to the correct sector. So defragmenting an SSD does more harm than good. 
    1- Wastes your time.  2- SSD have limited read write cycles in their lifetime so your actually making your SSD wear out faster. 
    So if you have an SSD do not touch any defrag as no good is going to come out of it.  

4. whizkidraj

whizkidraj Member Silver Member

5. mipet

mipet Initiat3

Defraggler Free
    Reason: disk health status (no need another soft for this purpose)

6. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Member

Neither one, I believe that Windows 7 and Windows 8 defrag in background and do a fine job of it by itself.
    I have tried to use 3rd party defrag tools on Windows 7 and it seemed to do more harm than good, I haven't used a 3rd party defrag tool in years and have not had a problem.

7. tarekma7

tarekma7 Junior Member

I use defrag software but neither of these. I never tried before