Create bootable USB drives with Rufus

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Petrovic, Jan 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Petrovic

Petrovic Forum Addict Silver Member

Rufus is an easy to use portable software program for Microsoft Windows devices to create bootable USB drives using ISO images.

It appears that I have never reviewed Rufus before here on Ghacks, even though I mentioned it a couple of times in the past when it came to the creation of bootable USB media.

Bootable USB media is quite common these days, as more and more PCs and laptops seem to ship without optical drive.
    Full Guide

wwd, revC0de and RGiskardR like this.
  2. Google Adsense

3. RGiskardR

RGiskardR Malware Tester Silver Member

Great tool! I use it to generate Windows iso to USB! :)

wwd, revC0de, Petrovic and 1 other person like this.
  4. jasonX

jasonX Giveaways Moderator Staff Member

Rufus has been a staple for me ever since a friend introduced it to me :) As alternative I also use YUMI but I like Rufus better.

wwd, revC0de, RGiskardR and 1 other person like this.
  5. Petrovic

Petrovic Forum Addict Silver Member

Hmm.....
    i use PowerISO

wwd, guardian and RGiskardR like this.
  6. jasonX

jasonX Giveaways Moderator Staff Member

Thought just came into my head here...way back when I migrated to Windows 7 I made a mutiboot usb with all my needed tools (ATI ISO, Macrium WinPE, Aomei PE, HDD Reg, etc..) in it via YUMI. I still use it and use YUMI to make changes to my multiboot.

Do you guys have any way of making such multiboot usb? Perhaps you guys can share some tips or tools or better yet a "step-by-step creation" (that'll be nice!) on how to create such.

May be a good read to the members and visitors :)

RGiskardR, wwd and Petrovic like this.