corker's Desktop

Discussion in 'Desktop Show Off' started by corker, Feb 21, 2014.

1. corker

corker Member

This is my current desktop. Very humble (and lame), I think.
    [​IMG]

2. Google Adsense

3. Bala

Bala Administrator Staff Member

Looks decent mate.

4. artoor

artoor Moderator Staff Member

corker, I wouldn't say lame, rather plain. That's the way I see it and honestly like uncomplicated things so I like it :)

5. Bala

Jerzy actually you should open a new thread in desktop show off.

6. jerzy6012.50

jerzy6012.50 Valued Member Known Member

I'm sorry I did not know that you should open a new thread.
    my fault, I'm sorry.

7. corker

corker Member

This. :idea: You' re so right. "Plain" is the most suitable word for my desktop. :)
    But that was yesterday. Now how 'bout this one?

[​IMG]

I name it "Stardock and Winstep: In a Streamlined Fashion of Collaboration". They comprise Stardock and Winstep products, namely:

Visual style: Brilliance by LightStar (WindowBlinds) (I am using the custom version, though) and Brilliance by RedNeckDude (Winstep)
    Desktop background: HDR Reflection Pool by AzDude
    Icon Package: Dragon Lord by AceMatrix

For some additional components, I am using Start8 and DeskScapes by Stardock for the Start menu and to animate the desktop. You might be able to find it in video format through this link.

8. Bala

Actually it looks awesome Corker. Did you purchase the new Windows Blinds? or was it given as a free upgrade to users? I sure have a Windows Blinds 6 License lying around somewhere.
    And 8.1 serious limits customization options, without aero.

9. corker

corker Member

Nope, I translated Start8 into my language and I was rewarded with two years subscription for Object Desktop program, which includes WindowBlinds and others. So I went on translating Decor8 as well and got two years extension. I expect that would be enough to cover WindowBlinds 9 for Window 9.

Previous licensee can buy upgrade for $6.99 US. Check it out here:

http://www.stardock.com/products/windowblinds/upgradewb8.asp

It used to be more expensive but because Windows 8 has lost its Start menu, now even the price for new customer has to be cut off. One needs Start8 to get the most out of WindowBlnds on Windows 8.

10. Bala

Okay thanks for telling me. Good job you are doing, I think half of the programs have been translated to Indonesian by you mate.