Discussion in 'Software Junction' started by Petrovic, Mar 25, 2015.
Yes, it's free, I use it in all my systems :)
- Improved Edge Cookie cleaning
- Updated Internet Explorer 10 and 11 History cleaning
- Updated Thunderbird 52 History cleaning
- Updated Windows Explorer MRU Cache cleaning
- Improved SSD detection algorithm
- Optimized Update Checking process
- Minor GUI improvements
- Minor bug fixes
Free Edition: http://download.piriform.com/ccsetup530.exe
Professional Edition (Old Setup UI): http://download.piriform.com/pro/ccsetup530_pro.exe
Professional Edition (New Setup UI): http://download.piriform.com/ccsetup530pro.exe
Technician Edition: http://download.piriform.com/te/ccsetup530_te.exe
Business Edition: http://download.piriform.com/be/ccsetup530_be.exe
Business Edition MSI x64: http://download.piriform.com/be/ccsetup530_x64_be.msi
Business Edition MSI x86: http://download.piriform.com/be/ccsetup530_x86_be.msi
- Improved Windows 10 Creators support
- Improved Firefox History cleaning
- Improved Chrome Cache and History cleaning
- Optimized Scheduling functionality (Professional only)
- Improved high-DPI support
- Minor GUI improvements
- Minor bug fixes
Free Edition: http://download.piriform.com/ccsetup531.exe
Professional Edition (New Setup UI): http://download.piriform.com/ccsetup531pro.exe
Professional Edition (Old Setup UI): http://download.piriform.com/pro/ccsetup531_pro.exe
Technician Edition: http://download.piriform.com/te/ccsetup531_te.exe
Business Edition: http://download.piriform.com/be/ccsetup531_be.exe
Business Edition x86 MSI: http://download.piriform.com/be/ccsetup531_x86_be.msi
Business Edition x64 MSI: http://download.piriform.com/be/ccsetup531_x64_be.msi
Old GUI Installer http://download.piriform.com/pro/ccsetup532_pro.exe
New GUI Installer http://download.piriform.com/ccsetup532pro.exe
MSI x64 http://download.piriform.com/be/ccsetup532_x64_be.msi
MSI x86 http://download.piriform.com/be/ccsetup532_x86_be.msi
Updated :) Thanks for the info!
Welcome Piriform to Avast!
Well, I think this will be very interesting, maybe we will see new features and changes on the new versions of CCleaner.
- All builds signed with new Digital Signatures
Business Edition MSI x64
Business Edition MSI x86
Tuesday, October 24, 2017
The Piriform team would like to announce the latest release of CCleaner for Windows.
CCleaner version 5.36 introduces a new security feature, fixed Firefox cleaning and some quality-of-life improvements around our default cleaning preferences.
Firefox: updated Session cleaning rule to support changes in Firefox 56.0
Chrome (& Chromium): updated Internet History cleaning rule to clean user activity data
Opera: updated Internet History cleaning rule to clean user activity data
Default Cleaning Rules
We are changing our default cleaning rules so that your recently used files and saved browser sessions aren't wiped without your explicit consent. These changes will take effect automatically for fresh installations of CCleaner, but we won't overwrite any of your existing preferences. To use the new default settings, go to the 'Cleaner' menu, right click on the 'Windows' and 'Applications' tabs and select 'Restore default state'.
Windows Explorer: Most Recently Used documents and other MRU files no longer cleaned by default
Windows Defender: Scan history no longer cleaned by default
Microsoft Office: MRUs no longer cleaned by default
Edge, Chrome/Chromium, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Thunderbird: Current session data no longer cleaned by default
Following the security incident in September we have taken steps to improve our security across the board. Within CCleaner, this means the addition of an 'Emergency Updater' security feature that allows us to force a software update in a worse-case scenario. We have ring-fenced the updater in its own executable to allow it to operate independently from the main executable. The update check runs as a scheduled task in Windows.
Emergency Updater checks regularly to see if an emergency security update is available. If one is, it applies the update immediately. Checks only transmit 1-2 KB of data and generally an emergency update will consist of a differential patch roughly 500 KB in size.
Added new executable: "CCUpdate.exe"
Added new Windows Scheduled Task: "CCleaner Update"
Good move the "Emergency Updater" .
It does not mean the certainty of further attacks, but of course the immediate reaction is essential.
CCleaner 5.37.6309 (Nov 15, 2017)
Edge: Session clean no longer removes set-aside tabs
Firefox: Fixed an issue where some favicons were still being cleaned
Seems they removed the slim version now....CCUpdate.exe also always runs. Had to stop it via AppGuard /Comodo HIPS here.
CCleaner is no longer the same after Avast aquisition, take it or leave it!
Changelog v5.42.6495 (23 Apr 2018)
- Internet Explorer: Fixed a bug where cleaning Temporary Internet Files left some files behind
- IE/Edge: Enhanced cleaning of YouTube viewing history (thanks alhazred!)
- Search terms are now highlighted in the results list
- Where appropriate, CCleaner Free may recommend improvements to your system’s antivirus protection
- Fixed an issue where localized text was overlapping in the Professional Edition installer
Download Portable HERE
Download Installer HERE
v5.42.6499 (16 May 2018) - IMPORTANT FIX FOR CHROME
- Fixed a critical issue where very long float values were saved in scientific format, causing the Chrome profile to be lost
- Fixed a critical issue where systems using non-standard decimal separators caused data to be stored incorrectly, causing the Chrome profile to be lost
Separate names with a comma.