Bypass for Windows Update lock for next-gen processors found

Discussion in 'Windows' started by RGiskardR, Apr 19, 2017 at 11:34 AM.

1. RGiskardR

RGiskardR Malware Tester Member Of Month - Tweakbytes Defender

2. Google Adsense

3. hakah

hakah Junior Member

Will the updates be automatically done by the system for Windows 10? If not, how we can enable the system to do so?
    Thanks for the advice!

LowcyGier and wwd like this.
  4. RGiskardR

I think here it is explained how it works:

5. hakah

hakah Junior Member

I think that patch only works for those still not yet upgraded to Windows 10. Is that still applicable to Windows 10 users?
    Thanks for the reply!

LowcyGier, RGiskardR and wwd like this.
  6. RGiskardR

Yes, it seems this is only for Windows 7 and 8.1 users...

For users that already have W10 I'm not sure... I have W10 RS1 in several systems and still I didn't get W10 RS2/CU update via Windows Update, so maybe We should have a bit patience :) the update it's been delivered gradually...

Another solution would be to download a W10 RS2/CU .iso -> burn it into USB or DVD and make a clean install of the new version, which is the best solution I recommend :) but I know it is more laborious :D

7. BC2Tweak

BC2Tweak Reviews Moderator Staff Member

I can somewhat understand why Microsoft may have done this, yet at the same time....I find this a little un-user friendly and most certainly ridiculous. This is one of those reasons why people do not like companies like Microsoft, etc. :(

Yet, however, you can still use Windows 7 and 8/8.1 without updating. I think this is one of those situations where you have to figure out what you want to do, and basically just forget Microsoft and their weird doings. :)

P.S. ....to add to the above, I am not saying don't update Windows 7 or 8.1, either. I was trying to make a point.

RGiskardR likes this.