BC2Tweak's Config

Discussion in 'Security Configurator' started by BC2Tweak, Jun 1, 2016.

1. BC2Tweak

BC2Tweak Reviews Moderator Staff Member

Machine:
    - HP 15-g227 wm (Laptop).

- Win 8.1 (64-Bit).

Security:
    - Windows Firewall (Off).
    - Windows Defender (Off).
    - UAC (Off)-->Because it's dang annoying!! :D.

** Real-Time Monitoring:
    - Outpost Firewall Pro (On).
    - AVG Ultimate (On); Firewall component disabled because already running firewall.
    - VoodooShield (On).
    - HitmanPro.Alert (On).
    - KeyScrambler Premium (On).
    - SecureAPlus Premium (On).

** On-Demand:
    - HitmanPro.
    - Zemana AntiMalware.
    - UnHackMe.

** Sandbox/Virtualization:
    - Sandboxie.
    - Shadow Defender.
    - VirtualBox.
    -- Those are my primary security apps. I've got other ones which I use if needed. They function in various ways, such as: email encryption; disk/file/folder encryption; et cetera.

Browser:
    - Firefox (Primary).
    -- IDM Extension (Installed).--> Installed Program Extension.
    -- Sticky Password Autofill Engine Extension (Installed).--> Installed Program Extension.
    -- Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate Extension (Installed).--> Installed Program
    Extension.
    -- Adblock Plus Extension (Installed).
    -- Adblock Plus Pop-up Addon Extension (Installed).
    -- Greasemonkey For Firefox Extension [Used In Conjunction With Adblock Plus] (Installed).
    -- ImTranslator Extension (Installed).
    -- ScrapBook Plus Extension (Installed).
    -- ScrapBook Plus AutoSave (bumped version) Extension (Installed).

- Opera (Installed).
    - Comodo IceDragon (Installed).
    - Comodo Dragon (Installed).
    - Chrome (Installed).
    - SlimJet (Installed).
    - Maxthon (Installed).

System Cleaners and System Privacy:
    - CCleaner.
    - Pointstone Utilities.
    - AVG TuneUp.
    - PrivaZer.
    - Steganos Privacy Suite.
    -- Also have other apps which I use when needed. They function in like manner to the above, as well as providing various other functions.

Password Management:
    - Sticky Password Premium.
    -- Also have a few other password apps, but they do not function like Sticky Password Premium. They are have more offline functions such as: offline password storage; password generation; et cetera.

System Backup/System Image:
    - Macrium Reflect (Home Edition).

**** Kind of felt like my System Config List wasn't quite complete. I am finding that my current security config seems to be working well, as I've been careful not to use programs that conflict, which can be almost or even worse than dealing with a malicious infection. This has taken a very long time to discover. ****

2. Google Adsense

3. jasonX

jasonX Giveaways Moderator Staff Member

Pretty solid config. I like it!

Der.Reisende, revC0de and Trim like this.
  4. BC2Tweak

Thanks!! I also have a vast arsenal of system tweaking/cleaning tools, as well as some other privacy and system security tools, that I didn't list. I know that I am not using the default Windows security tools, but I really do not like them, and have found other software that, in my opinion and after many years of use, works better. :)

Folks, in my experience, I've found that the Windows security tools are just not sufficient for what we have to deal with these days, even in the newer OSes. Not only that, but that aren't really that user-friendly, i.e. not easy to configure. UAC is downright annoying, because it pops up when you least want it to. As well as, we already know that Windows has a tendency to spy on you, so why in the world am I going trust their security tools to protect me. So, I prefer to use replacement tools, that are far better in a lot of ways. :D

If you so choose to use the Windows tools, that is fine, too. You are most welcome to agree-to-disagree with me, that is what makes the world a fine place to live, despite all its troubles and heartaches. We must remember to not be--nasty, hostile, or arrogant--when we disagree with someone, because their opinions are just as valuable as yours and mine. :D

Sorry for the wordiness, but I just really needed to say all that. :)

5. Trim

Trim MTAC Moderator Staff Member Member Of Month - Tweakbytes Defender

Nothing to add here, great, light and efficient configuration @BC2Tweak ! ;)

Der.Reisende, revC0de and BC2Tweak like this.
  6. BC2Tweak

Thanks!! I appreciate that. It has taken me a long time to figure that out, because sometimes you just have to try different things until you find what works. :)

Der.Reisende, Trim and revC0de like this.
  7. revC0de

revC0de MTAC Moderator Staff Member

@BC2Tweak, well, it's simply a bunker, I think malware change its way if it meets your config, no chance for it!!;):D

Der.Reisende, BC2Tweak and Trim like this.
  8. BC2Tweak

Thanks!! And it certainly had better, otherwise it's simply....DEAD MEAT!! :) ;) :D :cool:

9. BC2Tweak

Thanks!! Hopefully, it can be example for others to see what can work!! :D