Avast vs ESET

Discussion in 'Product vs Product' started by MrHacker, Jun 2, 2013.

?

ESET vs AVAST

1. ESET SMART SECURITY 7

78.9%
  2. AVAST INTERNET SECURITY 2014

21.1%
  1. MrHacker

MrHacker Initiat3 Silver Member

ESET SMART SECURITY vs AVAST INTERNET SECURITY

ESET Firewall vs AVAST Firewall
    ESET AV vs AVAST AV
    Which has more features.
    Which has better prevention.
    Which is less buggy.

2. Google Adsense

3. MrHacker

MrHacker Initiat3 Silver Member

Overall according to the biozfear avast is best for a normal user. The thing i hate about avast is its UI. The Home Tab of avast contain inappropriate buttons like market.

4. ZeroDay

ZeroDay Member

I voted Eset, imho it's a lot stronger than Avast.

5. Bala

Bala Administrator Staff Member

Avast just tries to market its version and they tried to make a cool and professional UI. Better than the Media player interface of version of the old version 4

Yes ESET sure is stronger. Once upon a time I was an ESET fan and user myself.

6. artoor

artoor Moderator Staff Member

Definitely ESET. I used to have it on my old old PC years ago, and really liked it. Surely if I had to chose any AV I would chose ESET :)

7. BC2Tweak

BC2Tweak Reviews Moderator Staff Member

Well, I haven't used ESET, yet!! I'm currently on Avast. it works very well with my laptop, and doesn't seem to consume system resources as some other Av progs do. I have no doubt, from my own research, that ESET is an excellent program. :)

8. Bala

Bala Administrator Staff Member

ESET is an excellent program but Avast too is great. Actually both of their paid suites do pretty well. I vote for ESET.
    Reason:- They give a free one year subscription, when you buy one year.

9. jerzy6012.50

jerzy6012.50 Valued Member Known Member

Both programs are worthy of our attention, but I'm more fit Eset and how maialbym to choose I would choose ESET.

10. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Member

I have to go with Eset.
    IMO Eset is just better no nonsense protection. There is just too much configuration one must do with Avast! free or paid, Eset is pretty much ready to go straight after install.

11. tarekma7

tarekma7 Junior Member

Both are good but I prefer Eset

12. dinosaur07

dinosaur07 Senior Member

Eset has better detection rate but poor firewall, both are lightweight and popular but Avast has stronger firewall and a good through decent detection, and the most important has also the free version. So, overall my vote goes to Avast. :)