AV-Test.org - The best antivirus software for Android - March 2017

Discussion in '0-day Release' started by RGiskardR, Apr 20, 2017.

1. RGiskardR

RGiskardR Malware Tester Silver Member

2. Google Adsense

3. guardian

guardian Administrator Staff Member

KTS 2017 :elated:

LowcyGier, wwd, Trim and 1 other person like this.
  4. Trim

Trim MTAC Moderator Staff Member

Kaspersky is a very reliable and valid solution also for mobile devices, but good results also from ESET and Bitdefender, which are very light on resources and RAM.
    Thanks for the share.

5. guardian

test results haven't had a great history in the past with paid $$$ for ***** ratings, so always prefer to do my own testing :read:

or trust our MTAC team testing who are unbiased and not paid by devs!

Trim, Danyboy Hidalgo, wwd and 3 others like this.
  6. BC2Tweak

BC2Tweak Reviews Moderator Staff Member

I guess I'll throw my 7-cents worth in!! :)

I am not using any of the AV software mentioned. What I do use seems to work well on my Android phone. Am using: AVG and Zemana AV software. :)

guardian, wwd and RGiskardR like this.
  7. RGiskardR

RGiskardR Malware Tester Silver Member

In fact currently I'm not using any av antivirus solution in my Android :D

Trim, guardian, BC2Tweak and 2 others like this.
  8. guardian

Android uses the Linux kernel, but it’s not based on the type of Linux system you may use on your PC so similar but not alike lol

Any computer/tablet/phablet/smartphone or other iterations of these that are new lol which is attached to a network is not immune to viruses. But, as with everything else, it's relative, and importantly a users click habits increase the risk, although I will say it is very challenging for a virus to infect a Linux machine..

Trim, wwd, BC2Tweak and 1 other person like this.
  9. BC2Tweak

BC2Tweak Reviews Moderator Staff Member

Yes, the user must still exercise much wisdom and discretion, even on a mobile phone (whether Android or Apple)!! :)

guardian, wwd and RGiskardR like this.
  10. Trim

Trim MTAC Moderator Staff Member

Yes, I agree with @guardian ,the best solution to prevent malware infections (on PC but also on mobile devices), is to don't click on everywhere.
    There are very dangerous malicious websites which use AJAX technology (with or without JQuery) to send the inserted data by the user in the forms to a remote server, without refresh the phishing page.
    And it is not secure to rely always only on signatures-based engines because it is risky and the user can be infected really fastly and easily if he clicks on every link he sees. This is very fundamental to stay protected while browsing the web.
    A best practice could be scan every unknown URL we visit with https://www.virustotal.com/ or http://www.urlvoid.com/

11. guardian

drive by shooting . :tired::ohno: