Are the optimizers good for windows?

Discussion in 'Chit-chat' started by eufrasiox, Dec 13, 2016.

1. eufrasiox

eufrasiox Member

I have used optimizers for windows
    Ccleaner, tune up and others
    But they can not do what they promise
    sometimes even they have damaged my system
    I trust only ccleaner and carefully

WHAT IS YOUR OPINION?

BC2Tweak and jasonX like this.
  2. Google Adsense

3. jasonX

jasonX Giveaways Moderator Staff Member

Have been a long time user of CCleaner (free version) for about 7 years now and I never had any issues with it. Just use it on-demand and not set it at "enabled system monitoring". When I clean the registry I make sure I have a backup. I also do regular registry backups just in case something gets borked. With Glary Utilities I had some not so nice problems so I uninstalled it.

BC2Tweak, Prime and RGiskardR like this.
  4. BC2Tweak

BC2Tweak Reviews Moderator Staff Member

Any system optimizer/cleaner can damage your system, if you are not careful as to how you set it up and use it. I've personally experienced that with them, including CCleaner. Frankly, unless you really need to, I'd HIGHLY SUGGEST never messing with the Registry...even if you know what you are doing. I use several, and have most of them Licensed that require a License. The reason that I have more than one, is that they each have unique functions that the other ones do not. :)

I think as an end-user, that we must be very careful with using any utility that modifies any part of our system, because those programs do not necessarily know if an entry is good or bad...it just reads an entry as bad based on it algorithms, but that entry may be required for use by other programs and if deleted may cause system problems, and so on. :)

And there is nothing like experience, to educate you!! ;)

jasonX, Prime and RGiskardR like this.
  5. Prime

Prime Member

I also use CCleaner and I think that is sufficient and safe. I never had problems with it.

BC2Tweak, jasonX and RGiskardR like this.
  6. RGiskardR

RGiskardR Malware Tester Silver Member

In the past I used many times "jv16 PowerTools", but it was very aggressive if You don't go with careful...

Currently I only use CCleaner which is very soft, and well not really an optimizer: "Registrar Registry Manager", use it for instance in Kaspersky beta testing to delete traces and leftovers every time after uninstall every beta build... also when some application didn't uninstall well in my system, with it I can find all the occurrences of an specific registry key (or find a text) and delete them all with 1 click, very powerful! :glad:

BC2Tweak and Prime like this.