AD Blockers vs. ADs

Discussion in 'Product vs Product' started by akiratoriyama, Feb 8, 2015.

1. akiratoriyama

akiratoriyama Moderator Staff Member

Do you use an AD Blocker (like AD Block Plus, Adaway, etc) or do you prefer seeing ads and contributing some revenue to bloggers, news sites, etc?

I personally disable AD Blockers on some site (usually with non-obtrusive ads) and enable it on most.

2. Google Adsense

3. artoor

artoor Moderator Staff Member

I prefere not to see any ads personally so I use some adblockers. Specifically ┬ÁBlock firefox plugin at work, AdGuard Premium (standalone) at home. I used to have AdBlockPlus plugin, AdMuncher - which was the best - the lowest resorce consumer but it didn't support https - so I gave up. AdGuard is fine but it consumes too much RAM - however I got used to it ;)
    On my Android mobile I use AdAway - light and convenience solution. That seems to be about all :p

akiratoriyama likes this.
  4. Cristine Rus

Cristine Rus Guest

akiratoriyama likes this.
  5. akiratoriyama

akiratoriyama Moderator Staff Member

But you guys do know that advertisements are sometimes the sole incomes for such sites (like ours)?. I used to block ads completely but have recently allowed it on few sites due to the above reason.

artoor likes this.
  6. dinosaur07

dinosaur07 Senior Member

Adguard enabled all the time, and disabled when requested to do so by various sites. It has also a very good antimalware protection.

7. tarekma7

tarekma7 Junior Member

Enabled most of the time.