Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Crypto Locker
exterminator20 Offline
Crypto Locker
Board Veteran

Achievements:
(View All Achievements)

New Malware seen a few days ago which encrypts all of your files and requests a ransom to decrypt them.Many have been paying the ransom.

You can read about it on Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
09-14-2013 12:02 AM
Find
artoor Offline
RE: Crypto Locker
Giveaway Plus Group.

Achievements:
(View All Achievements)
Few days ago I was fighting with similar malware as my wife's friend got that s.it. The sadness is that she thought that if she pays she'll have her hdd decrypted. Thank God she haven't paid Tongue I couldn't even run Windows in Safe Mode - it took me ~5 hours to totally remove that sort of ransomware, which pose as the Police...

AppGuard / EXE Radar Pro ^ SpyShelter Firewall ^ Sandboxie ^ Hitman Pro ^ MBAM Pro

-----------
« The greater the struggle, the more glorious the triumph. »
09-14-2013 01:48 PM
Find
exterminator20 Offline
Board Veteran

Achievements:
(View All Achievements)
Yes it is primarily business oriented but has been showing up for the home user also and sadly some are paying the ransom.True,it is easy enough to get rid of and there is a way to get your files back if you have system restore points.
I couldn't agree more that something as simple as backing up your files is so important

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
09-15-2013 05:06 PM
Find
adminBala Offline
Forum owner and Admin

Achievements:
(View All Achievements)
I just read that it needs 100USD/100Euro/Similar amount in another currency. 

Well I would pay it in Rs. As 100Rs is very cheap amount to pay. Also the english in it speaks volumes that it is not made by any government. 

Well they need to have better english to convince the users.

When the start windows restart button is ticked in the windows start options windows restart will start every time windows starts.
09-28-2013 02:51 PM
Site Find
akiratoriyama Offline
Co-founder
Official Forum defenders.

Achievements:
(View All Achievements)
What about 100 Zimbawean Dollar Tongue ?
09-28-2013 03:36 PM
Site Find
Jimmarsh Offline
Quiet Type

My files are taken over by this malware. I want to just pay the ransom and my IT company wants me to wait. Plkease give me advise!!
10-02-2013 10:08 PM
Find
adminBala Offline
Forum owner and Admin

Achievements:
(View All Achievements)
Well Jimrash please make a thread here Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

We will help you remove this nasty. Thanks. 

Sending you a pm.

When the start windows restart button is ticked in the windows start options windows restart will start every time windows starts.
10-02-2013 10:20 PM
Site Find
reyes Offline

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
10-02-2013 10:23 PM
Find
adminBala Offline
Forum owner and Admin

Achievements:
(View All Achievements)
Posted a removal guide here Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

10-02-2013 11:51 PM
Site Find